Logistics planning for any size or weight, overcoming obstacles without complication
LCS can supply out-of-gauge, hazardous, and project equipment worldwide. Whether its power plant equipment, infrastructure, mining, oil and gas projects, all parties in the transportation process must reduce risk and control costs. Success truly depends on planning and execution. These heavy lift cargo shipments present unique international logistics challenges, and LCS has the experts and experience to ensure every obstacle is overcome.
Relying on our global networks, LCS can support any heavy-lift challenge safely and on-time. LCS’s project logistics division handles logistical planning by developing plans, method statements, and risk & financial assessments vital to customers with complex movements that require careful staging, and coordination.
Common Challenges for Project Shipments
- Securing transport clearances from country and regulatory bodies on time.
- Obtaining lifting and securing certified equipment to ensure the safety of the personnel involved and the equipment itself.
- Sourcing qualified and trained personnel at remote locations.
- Ensuring lifting and securing arrangements are being planned and agreed upon in advance to facilitate the works ahead of the operations.
- Environmental changes and unforeseen circumstances requiring plan adjustments during execution.
- Coordination and sequencing of multiple contractors throughout the operation.
LCS provides complete solutions for import and export requirements, tailoring services to each individual customers’ needs. Please do not hesitate to request for a quote online. You may also contact 888-809-8888 for further inquiries.